Thursday, November 23, 2006

Blue Devil custom

Blue Devil has always been one of those characters I wanted to try but never got around to doing until now. I started with a Martian Manhunter base and used a Dremmel to take off most of the cape, which took awhile. Next, I used resin to sculpt a new chest, the horns, build up the wristbands and smooth over the torso. After that I cut 2 pieces of matching vinyl halves for the vest and glued them on. Once dry, I took resin and connected the edges of the vinyl to the rest of the figure and smoothed it out. After that I cut 2 small pieces for the goatee and painted him up. Overall, I was quite happy with how he came out and may try a modern day Blue Devil soon.


Post a Comment

<< Home